Monday, August 31, 2009

Ode to the Taco Truck

We had a pretty busy weekend, full of birthday parties with all the birthday food delights, over-stimulated toddlers, and mom rushing around like a chicken with her head cut off. WE are exhausted. But had a great time. I (having been dieting unsucessfully for oh, 6 months) made up for lost time. I ate pizza, I ate cake, I ate Taco Truck tacos. Yeah, I definately ate those tacos. And LOTS of them. At least it felt like lots at 4 in the morning when my stomach was a mess. And honestly if I were to be told that I could eat those tacos without gaining weight (think meat cooked in lard! tortillas heated in that same lard, oh so yummy) I would probably do it again. But alas, my stomach has decided it can't handle the grease and the spice anymore. Oh yeah, I ate more cake.

I am proud to say that other than a pack of crayons and a coloring book for each tote, I made every gift that was given at the three parties this weekend. The Thomas set posted in yesterdays entry was the gift for the first party, then I made a Cars tote bag with individual car slots and crayon roll. And the third (that was actually combined with the second party) I made the girl an oversized bag. Everything was well recieved, and all my fabrics were purchased at clearance prices (think less than $2 a yard. pretty good for character prints)

Ok, today it is back on the healthy food bandwagon, and I have to finish up a custom wrap. I'm contemplating opening up a hyena cart store as well as my etsy shop, because well, I would like to sell more stuff lol.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! 3 parties! You were busy. I love cake and ice cream....and tacos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were busy! Glad you enjoyed your trip to junk food land. Now, get back on track :) Your body will thank you!!! I don't know what a hyena store is, but good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a 'taco truck' but anything that is made like a taco and as large as a truck has got to be AWESOME!!

    Speaking of awesome, way to go on making 3 separate presents, that's a lot of work and I'm sure it was appreciated. The pictures of them below make them look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this post has made me hungry. I am a huge fan of tacos..

    ReplyDelete