Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yummm, M&M's, and diet shakes!

So, 8 months ago today I gave birth to my FOURTH baby. Exactly 18 months and 1 week after I had given birth to my THIRD baby. Now, prior to the third, my body was doing pretty good. Yes I had some extra pounds, but I was pretty solid, definately in good cardiovascular shape. And ALL my clothes fit.

Fast forward to today, where I am busting my butt, sweating rivers, gasping for air and cursing Juliane Micheals at the same time. I desperately want to lose this extra 15-20 pounds that Kilian has gifted me. (Ya, so incredibly unfair, I gave him life, nourishment, my sex life, the ability to use the restroom without an audience, and my sleep, he gave me fat! Anybody esle see the injustice?) So, I get up in the morning (which is actually only 3 hours after I finally got to bed), feed the boys their breakfast and Kilian his bottle. Do the diaper changes and such, all before I have even drank a half cup of coffee. Finish my coffee, get suited up, and get to it. My jumping jacks are interrupted because my oldest son wants to hold onto my legs, or worse, sit on my feet. My situps are doubly hard, because the baby wants to sit on my chest and pull my eyelids off my face. But persevere. I do it all baby, and I have the sweaty hair and sticky clothes to prove it. Now to eat a clean day. Egg white scramble on a whole wheat tortilla. Turkey marinara with ww noodles.
And then Kane wakes up from his nap. Instead of the nectarine and the graham crackers I have for his afternoon snack, he zeros in on the emergency stash of M&M's. Dam*it! I can resist an unopened bag. I can resist the graham crackers, even the gummy worms. But I DO.NOT.HAVE. the willpower to resist an open bag of chocolate. Sorry backside. Sorry favorite jeans. Looks like you are hanging out a bit longer back flab.

So that is how my afternoon snack was. Original M&M's washed down with a half portion of the nastiest protien shake ever. Maybe next time I can blend the two together? lol

10 comments:

  1. That's hilarous! I can just imagine you working out with all the kids hanging off of you. Your lucky miss madi gifted me 60 pounds all because of some chocolate.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I weigh as much as I did 2 weeks postpartum? How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the Shredding DVD? My friend just started that and said that is was really hard so you are a STAR for doing it!!! Hmm you are motivating me to get my groove on and lose some kilo's...maybe I should get the Wii Fit out of the box!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the 30 day shred and it kicks your booty. I lost 6 pounds in the first week (though I am positive it was mostly water weight lol)

    The good thing is that it is short, the bad is its hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to applaud you for getting started! That is half the battle. You will get into a routine and then it will get easier. I raised 3 boys and they were pretty much able to take care of themselves when I started exercising again. I feel for you, but keep it up. You will be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dana. I have been fighting the baby fat for a while and only bitching and moaning to my husband about it. Your blog inspired me to put it out there and maybe get some cheerleaders in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of M&Ms and diet shakes - one just justifies the other, right?!

    I've had babies back-to-back too, it's so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you doing the Shred thing? I hear that's a killer. I think I'd just start to cry and give up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, I'm doing the shred and it is a killer. A body fat, booty licking killer. Since there has been a bit of interest on it, I think I'll blog it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, at leasy you made an effort! I cracked up at the end with the thought of combining the M&M's together with the protein shake. Ugh, like giving birth isn't hard enough, right? The wieght loss should be immediate as a reward for carrying a child for nine-months!

    Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest! Have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete