Thursday, November 18, 2010

I couldn't be happier

That my husband is coming home tonight! My left shoulder is covered in spit up, my teeth have been brushed but my hair hasn't, and I have a headache. That could possibly be a direct result of the bongo pounding and VERY loud rendition of "I miss my Dad, I love my mommy" being sung by Kane. Cute, but my head is pounding in perfect rhythm to the beat of the bongo. I need a mommy time out. Four days of alone with 5 kids is enough.

In other news, we had "oinkmeal" and "ahmal" for breakfast. I'm going to miss the days of oinkmeal when we start just eating plain ol' boring oatmeal.

3 comments:

  1. With 5 kids you have all your laundry done and folded, oh so not fair! I seem to reach the bottom of the mountain and another mountain pops right back up! I have no idea where it comes from. My poor son who is almost 11 wore some pants from the dirties, don't judge me, lol! I just needed him to get to the bus. Actually he is on this kick of only wearing those athletic slicker pants. He had jeans to wear that were clean I might add, but refused. Oh the phases these kids go through!

    Yea for you having your husband back. I think I'm getting a headache myself thinking of bongo banging. Hope you get a break!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should clarify. I adamantly refuse to do my girls laundry (though the good mother fairy came the other day and I cleaned their room). They are old enough to start a load of laundry and take some personal responsibility.

    The boys *and I lump my husband into the grouping of boys* aren't able to handle the laundry yet, but someday. Actually, my husband is, he just piles it up once it's clean and does the sift thru to find what I want to wear routine. Bugs the heck out of me, so I fold and put away.

    The bongo mysteriously disappeared. And shall never be spoken of, or heard from again.

    ReplyDelete